Good Shepherd College
Home > News > Introducing our new staff – Welcome Chloe!
Print Page

Introducing our new staff – Welcome Chloe!

January 29, 2021

Hello, My name is Chloe Hasell and I have been appointed as a new teacher at Good Shepherd College for the year of 2021 and beyond.

I grew up on the family property five minutes out of Dunkeld, with my mother Jane, my father Wayne and little brother Sam. We run superfine merinos and prime lambs. I attended school at The Hamilton and Alexandra College. From there, I moved to Adelaide to attend University where I was based for four years and completed a double Bachelor in Education and Arts and a Bachelor in Languages with a double major in English and Chinese (Mandarin) and a minor in History. After completing uni, I moved to Shepparton, and taught in a Co-Ed Catholic school where I became a Year 11 and 12 VCE English teacher and year nine coordinator. After two years there, I had a passion to further my career, I gained a position in the United Kingdom where I was teaching in an
all-boys Catholic school as Head of English and Literacy coordinator.

My two years overseas of teaching, travelling, exploring and growing flew by very quickly and it was time to move back home! Where I then took on the role as Head of Language Chinese (Mandarin), Head of House, Literacy coordinator and year 7 to 10 English teacher at Balmoral K-12 Community College. My interests include horse riding, netball, tennis, painting, rock climbing/hiking, choir, violin and working on the family property.

My move to Hamilton has been a very kind and supportive transition. Thank you to all who have helped me settle into my new home and the school so far.

I am very excited to be here and look forward to the year to come!