Good Shepherd College is a well-established P-12 Christian College in the Hamilton region within the Western Districts of Victoria. It is a vibrant and innovative learning environment where staff, as well as students, are inspired, cared for and equipped as individuals to be active contributors in society.
Good Shepherd College is an equal opportunity employer. The college offers career opportunities to people who demonstrate passion, determination and enthusiasm in contributing to our learning community. The college seeks people who are committed to ongoing professional learning and to working collaboratively to realise the mission of the college in a team environment.
It is expected that applicants will have a genuine commitment to the Lutheran ethos of the College. A sound knowledge and understanding of national and state educational initiatives is essential, along with computer literacy. All teaching staff contribute to the co-curricular life of the College.
Vacancies for all positions are normally advertised on teachers.on.net and this website. See below for any currently advertised positions. For general employment enquiries and job descriptions for current vacancies please contact the college on (03) 5571 2595.
To register your interest in joining the relief teaching team at Good Shepherd College please contact:
- Junior Campus (Prep – Year 6) Mrs Caryn Christie
Office Administrator (5571 2236)
- Senior Campus (Year 7-12) Miss Helen Roseburgh
Head of Teaching Administration (5571 2595)
How to Apply
The recommended steps for applying for a position at Good Shepherd College are as follows:
Step 1: Read the Advertisement
- Carefully read the advertisement, as it will provide you with important information.
Step 2: Read the Job and Person Specification
- Click the link on the information in the college website to locate the Job and Person Specification which details selection criteria and information about the role; and
- Read the information carefully before writing your application.
Step 3: Address the Selection Criteria
- It is recommended you treat each criterion as equally important, and address each one individually and thoroughly.
- Be brief and to the point using positive language. If you have been responsible for something, use active language (e.g. ‘I implemented…’, rather than saying ‘A system was implemented’).
- Provide examples and figures to support your achievements (e.g. number of staff supervised, results of the changes you made).
- Strengthen your application by attaching evidence of your claims, such as samples of your work or written evaluations of your work.
Step 4: Your Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Attach a curriculum vitae / resume to support your application, including: Contact details: title, full name, address and telephone number for both during and after work hours, email address.
- Educational qualifications relevant to the duties and selection criteria for the position (title of qualification, subjects / majors studied, institution).
- Relevant work history (most recent jobs should be listed first) including names and addresses of employers, positions held, length of time in each position, major duties, responsibilities and achievements.
- Membership of relevant professional associations (if applicable).
- Relevant extra-curricular activities and achievements (e.g. relevant voluntary or community work).
- Contact details for at least three referees who can comment on your suitability for the position.
Step 5: Combine the Documents
- Clearly state the position for which you are applying
- Address the selection criteria – applicants who do not address the selection criteria in their application will not be considered.
- Attach a current copy of your curriculum vitae / resume.
- Combine all of the documents as a PDF
Step 6: Send your Application
- Only electronic applications will be accepted.
- To ensure your application reaches the selection committee, quote the title of the position in the subject line.
- Make sure your application is submitted by the advertised closing date – late applications may not be accepted.
- Submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact the college for further information T: (03) 5571 2595
* To view PDF documents you must use Adobe Acrobat Reader, which can be downloaded free at the Adobe Download page.