Home > Learning @ GSC > Junior Campus > Outdoor Education
Good Shepherd is committed to developing the ‘whole child’ and outdoor education plays a significant part in providing students with opportunities to develop independence and resilience, where they learn to adapt to new and challenging situations.
The Outdoor Education program requires students to spend time at an outdoor education facility, learning new skills, and extending themselves away from the familiarity of home. In 2020, Junior Campus students will experience the following outdoor experiences:
- Prep – Day excursion to Halls Gap.
- Year 1 -1 night sleepover at school and a day excursion to Tower Hill, near Warrnambool.
- Year 2 – 1 night sleepover and excursion to Grampians Retreat, Dunkeld.
- Year 3/4 – 2 night/3 day camping experience at Kangaroobie, Princetown.
- Year 5/6 – Canberra tour – Students travel to Canberra for a week, where they will gain a greater understanding of political processes and what it means to be an Australian citizen.
CANCELLED DUE TO COVID-19.