Glenelg District Secondary Cross Country
Our Glenelg District Cross Country team travelled to Portland on Monday to run around the Fawthrop Lagoon. Our runners were up against the best athletes in our district, but held their heads high on a magnificent blue-skied day. The conditions were perfect and the attitudes and behaviour of our students was excellent. With close to 30 students running in each category, our best results were as follows:
- Edwin Rentsch (pictured) won the 18 Years Boys race, with Lachlan Rentsch finishing 4th.
- Jessica Rentsch won the 17 Years Girls race.
- Amelia Thomas finished 5th, and Maddison Cotten 6th, in the 16 Years Girls race.
- Cooper Rentsch came 6th in the 16 Years Boys race.
- Elijah Thomas crossed the line in 9th in the 13 Years Boys event.
We were without a doubt the loudest school in the cheering department. In the overall points event, Good Shepherd finished 6th out of 8 schools. This was respectable considering our smaller enrolment numbers, and several students unable to attend.