Good Shepherd College
Home > News > The Senior Scoop
Print Page

The Senior Scoop

June 16, 2023

Welcome to Week 8. While we are at the tail end of the term, things are still moving along at great pace. Exams took place last week. Pleasingly, students looked relaxed and were able to give their best effort to achieve their best. Students completing Unit 3 & 4 subjects also undertook the General Achievement Test (GAT) on Thursday. Teachers have been busy marking and giving meaningful feedback to ensure the exam block was not only an opportunity to assess, but more importantly to learn.

Many classes have now moved on to their next unit and have been engaging in rigorous learning to complete the term. As students engage in new units and prepare for some changes next semester, please lock the following event in your calendars:

26th July – Year 9-12 Subject Selection Evening (7:00pm)

On a personal note, I’d like to thank all of you for welcoming me to this wonderful community. It has been a whirlwind semester. I have really enjoyed getting to know the students and acquainting and immersing myself in this amazingly supportive culture that we have. I feel truly blessed to be surrounded by such innovative and supportive staff, and vibrant, happy and caring students.

I hope you all have a safe and productive week 9.

Mr Damien Evans
Head Of Senior Campus